The CAP content XML is structured into separate sections – each of which may be split further into additional sections; depending on the data contained. Each subscriber will only see the sections matching his/her subscription.
The sections are:
- <content> - where you can find all product-related content (marketing messaging, technical specifications)
- <plc> - information about the product lifecycle; specifically the publishing date (<full_date>) and the end of sales date (<obsolete_date>)
- <metadata> - contains information about product option codes (if available) and UPC (barcode)
- <hierarchy> - hierarchy information from the level from where the XML is exported to the highest level (<product_type>). It includes both the hierarchy node names, the corresponding OIDs, and the product number (if applicable). Subscribing to HP hierarchy can be useful in case the publisher is getting the entire HP Portfolio. Based on this information you can build an HP product data base.
- <links> - includes compatibility information and covers supplies, accessories, and services
- <documents> - includes datasheets, brochures, white papers, success stories, etc. in PDF format.
- <images> - includes the product images in a variety of formats (jpg, png) and sizes.
- <msc> - includes media content such as product videos, interactive demos (product tours), lifestyle images, annotated images (images with descriptive text) product detail images, etc. Media content is optional so this section may not appear in each XML even if you have “Demos and Videos” selected in your subscription
- <ratings> - customer ratings for the product from hp.com
- <reviews> - customer reviews, available at series level for EMEA and APJ, and SKU for US.